Our help guide
We're here to help you enjoy Little Mango as much as we do. If you have any issues, hopefully these tips below will help.
Sensitivity to soda bicarbonate: Unfortunately some people can experience a sensitivity to the bicarb soda or baking soda in natural deodorants. If this occurs, discontinue use and wait for the irritation to disappear.
If you experience irritation, but you would still like to carry on using a natural deodorant once the irritation goes, there are a few things you can try.
- You can try applying a small amount of coconut oil under your arms before applying deodorant.
- You can try applying a very small amount of deodorant every second day to begin with, and work up to using it daily.
- Or, you can try our sensitive deodorant option (lavender), which has a lower concentration of baking soda. Start by using it daily, or every second day and build up usage.
It's melted: Keep your jar stored in a cool, dry place. If you do leave it in the heat, the composition of the natural ingredients may change - but don't worry it's still perfectly fine to use.
- If it melts, just give it a stir to mix the ingredients together again, put it in the fridge to set, then store in a cool place.
- If the mixture hardens in winter, warm slightly before applying.
It's not working: Rarely, people may find that their deodorant is not stopping the odour effectively enough. There may be a few reasons why this is happening.
- First of all, if this happens with the low-strength sensitive deodorant, it may be that you need a regular strength deodorant.
- If this happens with the regular strength deodorant, you may need to play with the amount you're using. Try a little more - but make sure it rubs in dry and not sticky.
- Or it may be that the scent just doesn't suit you. A scent that works for one person may not work for another. The best thing to do is try our sample sets to see what works best.
- Occasionally, when switching to a natural deodorant, you can go through a detox period. This is due to the build up of aluminium from years of using standard deodorant and your body is adjusting and expelling toxins. This can cause body odour from around 2 days to 2 weeks. If this happens stick with it, it'll be worth it.
If you are still after more help after this, please contact us!