Our help guide
We're here to help you enjoy Little Mango as much as we do. If you have any issues, hopefully these tips below will help.
Sensitivity to soda bicarbonate: Unfortunately some people can experience a sensitivity to the bicarb soda or baking soda in natural deodorants. If this occurs, discontinue use and wait for the irritation to disappear.
If you would still like to carry on using a natural deodorant once the irritation goes away, there are a couple of things you can try.
- You can try our Sensitive Soul deodorant for a low-strength deodorant
- Or you can use Sensitive Soul as a barrier protection layer, underneath a layer of our full strength deodorant for extra protection.
Storing your deodorant: Keep your jar stored in a cool, dry place. If you do leave it in the heat, the composition of the natural ingredients may change - but don't worry it's still perfectly fine to use.
- If it melts, just give it a stir to mix the ingredients together again, put it in the fridge to set, then store in a cool place.
- If the mixture hardens in winter, warm slightly before applying.
It's not working: Rarely, people may find that their deodorant is not stopping the odour effectively enough. There may be a few reasons why this is happening.
- First of all, if this happens with the low-strength sensitive deodorant, it may be that you need a regular strength deodorant on top.
- Otherwise, you may need to play with the amount you're using. Try a little more - but make sure it is completely absorbed.
- Or it may be that the scent just doesn't suit you. A scent that works for one person may not work for another. The best thing to do is try our sample sets to see what works best.
- Occasionally, when switching to a natural deodorant, you can go through a detox period. This is due to the build up of aluminium from years of using standard deodorant and your body is adjusting and expelling toxins. This can cause body odour from around 2 days to 2 weeks. If this happens stick with it, it'll be worth it.
If you are still after more help after this, please contact us!